Calypso is a cross platfrom file sharing client using the anonymous network MUTE. Developed using C++ and Qt, Calypso is portable to windows, linux, and other environments. You can try it by following the installation instructions below.
Why Calypso ?
- Calypso uses the anonymous network MUTE, protecting your privacy.
- Calypso is multisource, allowing a good download speed.
- Calypso is fully compatible with MUTE. You can download files shared by MUTE customers and vice versa.
- Calypso uses "swarming". This means that it loads portions of the file you want in the middle of the file. Thus the hosts who have entrusted a part of the file can send it, and if the original source disappears before someone else has downloaded the entire file, it is still possible to get the complete file.
- Calypso allows you to start multiple searches. You can then navigate between the different tabs.
- Calypso has a two level search system. You first start a search for keywords. Then you can filter the results with a regular expression.
- Multiple simultaneous downloads / uploads
- Multi-source downloads
- Download Resuming
- Point-to-Point traffic encryption with RSA/AES
- Multiple shared folders
- Multi-language user interface
- Search Filter
- Graphical User Interface written with Qt4 toolkit
- Styles support
- Stylesheet support
- If you are using a rpm-based distro, you can get the RPM here
- If you are using Debian, you can get the .deb here
- If you are using Archlinux, you can get the package here
- If you are using windows, you can get the installer here
Compiling from source (Unix/Linux)
See Calypso Wiki howto compile Unix/Linux:
- Project Page
- Freshmeat (formerly named Kommmute)
- Launchpad (formerly named Kommmute)
- Jason Rohrer wrote the original MUTE File Sharing code.
- Frédéric Rodrigo did the artwork.
- Niels Sandholt Busch wrote the Calypso interface.
Help Wanted to Translate the Website!
- Translate this Page to your native language. Please send me your website translation via email.